Applied Pharmacology for Veterinary Technicians 6th Edition
by Lisa Martini-Johnson, Year September 11, 2020, FileType: PDF
Applied Pharmacology for Veterinary Technicians, Sixth Edition, is designed for both the graduate veterinary technician and the student. As a teaching and reference book, its purpose is to help veterinary technicians become familiar with the many veterinary pharmacologic agents and their uses, adverse side effects, and dosage forms.
I believe it is very important for the veterinary technician to understand the uses of pharmacologic agents and to have the ability to pro-vide client education under the supervision of the attending veterinarian. One of the key features of this book is that its format provides quick and easy access to important chapter content. Each chapter is introduced with learning objectives, a chapter outline, and key terms.
“Technician’s Notes” throughout the text provide helpful hints and emphasize important points technicians should be aware of to avoid errors and increase efficiency. The appendices provide the pharmacologic agents in alphabetical order for quick referencing. A comprehensive glossary provides the students with quick access to expand the understanding and concepts of terms used in pharmacology.
New features have been added to the sixth edition to aid the student and veterinary technician in the study and application of pharmacology. All of the drug information throughout the book has been updated and new drugs that have entered the market since the publication of the fifth edition have been included to keep you current with the newest pharmacologic agents and their uses, adverse side effects, and dosage forms. Download More: Small Animal Clinical Pharmacology 2nd Edition
Additional features of this new edition include the following:
• Charts, tables, and reference boxes have been added throughout the text to reinforce the material and allow for quick access to key information. Condensed tables in Chapter 17 (Immunologic Drugs) allow the student to quickly review vaccination protocols for each species.
• A reworked structure of Chapter 3, Practical Calculations, has been expanded to better prepare students in performing drug calculations. Examples and step-by-step descriptions have been added for the different types of drug calculations.
• A large number of “Technician Notes” have been added throughout each chapter to highlight import-ant points and concepts.
• Coverage of fluid therapy has been expanded to prepare veterinary technicians for the role they play in fluid, electrolyte, and therapeutic nutritional therapy, which can be critically important to the outcome of a case.
• A new chapter on Emergency drugs including anti-dotes and reversal agents.
• Numerous added sections within existing chapters.
• Case scenarios are included in each chapter to apply key concepts in a clinical situation to help reinforce learning.
• Additional review questions at the end of each chapter provides an excellent review of the chapter con-tent, as well as a review for the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE).
• This edition continues to be in color, bringing important concepts to life.
• The appendices have been updated to reflect the current pharmacologic agents and provides the student with quick referencing.
[expand title = “”]
|Book Name: Applied Pharmacology for Veterinary Technicians 6th Edition|
|Buy Now : Amazon, AbeBooks, ebay||Download Now : Click Here|
|Password : PDFLibrary.Net|