Companion Animal Bereavement: A one Health Workbook for Veterinary Professionals
This concise workbook is written as a guide for veterinary professionals to support owners through the many challenges they face before, during and after the death of their companion animal. This unique text provides a wealth of practical advice to be used when supporting both adults and children through the grief process. It offers support when discussing subjects such as natural death versus euthanasia and guiding owners through after death services. Also, it covers the difficulties experienced by owners due to separation for other reasons, such as when a pet has to be rehomed.
· Gives highly practical guidance on pet bereavement support for vet staff before, during and after animal loss, including communicating with highly distressed people
· Includes exercises and activities which can be downloaded and shared with owners to help them cope with the destabilising effects of grief
· Helps gain a deeper understanding of the owners perceptions of the process, including their fears and feelings
· Addresses the importance of self-care and peer support within the veterinary team or animal welfare organisation
· Contains numerous case studies and practical examples in the book and via additional online resources
This workbook shares owners’ perceptions concerning what it is like for people who are preparing for their pet’s end-of-life, to help you, as a veterinary professional, gain greater insight into the uncertainties and fears that invariably go with this territory.
The content includes a number of exercises that can be downloaded and given to owners to take home, or used as discussion tools during consultations, for example during end-of-life conversations. Additionally there are handouts containing useful information on aspects such as after-death services and coping with grief, which can also be down-loaded and given to owners. These practical and useful guides are designed to support the owner and help them to understand what is happening, while at the same time facilitating effective and efficient communication between clients and the veterinary team – making life easier for all concerned.
Direct Link For Paid Membership: –
|Book Name:||Companion Animal Bereavement: A one Health Workbook for Veterinary Professionals|
|File Size:||11 MB|
|Download Link:||Click Here|
|Password:||PDFLibrary.Net (if Required)|