Emergency Procedures for the Small Animal Veterinarian 3rd Edition
by Signe J. Plunkett, February 2013, File Type: PDF
Small animal veterinarians of all specialties and at all stages in their careers will find the new edition of Emergency Procedures for the Small Animal Veterinarian their invaluable one-stop shop for the information they need to provide optimal patient care in an emergency situation. Readers familiar with the previous edition will be pleased to see the text comprehensively updated, with much new content and many new features including an all-color design to make finding information easier than ever.
Those coming to the book for the first time will appreciate its clarity of structure, its concise and practical approach and its step-by-step presentation of key information, all of which will prove their worth time and again in each new emergency, whatever the species. For those working as a solo doctor in an emergency practice, Emergency Procedures for the Small Animal Veterinarian 3rd edition will fulfill the role of a substitute colleague when further information is needed quickly. No small animal clinician will want to be without a copy.
New to this edition
- Contains two new chapters on supportive care (fluid therapy, oxygen supplementation, analgesia, nutritional support) and shock
- Presents the latest recommendations for cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Includes the latest diagnostic testing regimens
- Offers current therapeutic recommendations including analgesia and nutritional support
- Dr Plunkett is joined by new co-authors for respiratory emergencies and emergencies of the urinary tract, and for a completely revised and augmented exotics chapter
- Contains major updates, revisions and expansions of the toxicologic emergencies chapter
Download: Vitamins in Animal and Human Nutrition
- All you need to know to manage every small animal emergency case you will encounter
- Many excellent and practical appendices of drugs, poisons, lab data, haematology
- Takes the diagnosis-prognosis-treatment approach to every emergency situation
- Easy-to-access format, with concise text and lots of lists
- Divided into organ systems, making it easy to locate information in a hurry
- Handy information on what to tell the owner in emergency injury situations
The book is packed with very practical tips which are obviously the fruit of the author’s experience. Each chapter is also backed with list of references. While I’m not crazy about the look of the new cover, I am happy with the updated treatment protocols inside the Emergency Procedures for the Small Animal Veterinarian 3rd Edition.
Direct Link For Paid Membership: –
|Book Name:||Emergency Procedures for the Small Animal Veterinarian 3rd Edition|
|File Size:||25 MB|
|Download Link:||Click Here|
|Password:||PDFLibrary.Net (if Required)|