Insects as Sustainable Food Ingredients: Production, Processing and Food Applications
by Aaron T. Dossey, Juan A. Morales-Ramos, M. Guadalupe Rojas, Year 2016, File Type: PDF
Insects as Sustainable Food Ingredients: Production, Processing and Food Applications describes how insects can be mass produced and incorporated into our food supply at an industrial and cost-effective scale, providing valuable guidance on how to build the insect-based agriculture and the food and biomaterial industry.
Editor Aaron Dossey, a pioneer in the processing of insects for human consumption, brings together a team of international experts who effectively summarize the current state-of-the-art, providing helpful recommendations on which readers can build companies, products, and research programs. Handbook of Functional Dairy Products
Researchers, entrepreneurs, farmers, policymakers, and anyone interested in insect mass production and the industrial use of insects will benefit from the content in this comprehensive reference.
The book contains all the information a basic practitioner in the field needs, making this a useful resource for those writing a grant, a research or review article, a press article, or news clip, or for those deciding how to enter the world of insect based food ingredients.
- Details the current state and future direction of insects as a sustainable source of protein, food, feed, medicine, and other useful biomaterials
- Provides valuable guidance that is useful to anyone interested in utilizing insects as food ingredients
- Presents insects as an alternative protein/nutrient source that is ideal for food companies, nutritionists, entomologists, food entrepreneurs, and athletes, etc.
- Summarizes the current state-of-the-art, providing helpful recommendations on building companies, products, and research programs
- Ideal reference for researchers, entrepreneurs, farmers, policymakers, and anyone interested in insect mass production and the industrial use of insects
- Outlines the challenges and opportunities within this emerging industry
[expand title = “”]