Manual of Equine Lameness 2nd Edition
The revised Second Edition of Manual of Equine Lameness offers a concise and accessible manual of lameness diagnosis and treatment in horses. Perfect for use as a quick reference, this book provides straightforward access to the essentials of equine lameness, including the clinical assessment of the horse and commonly performed diagnostic nerve blocks and the most common conditions of the foot, forelimb, and hindlimb that may be contributing to the lameness. Current therapeutic options to treat lameness are also discussed, as well as guidance on how to manage musculoskeletal emergencies. The content has been distilled from the authoritative Seventh Edition of Adams and Stashak’s Lameness in Horses, and this new edition has been re-envisioned to be even quicker and easier to navigate than the previous version.
Color photographs and illustrations support the text, which presents lameness information most relevant to equine general practitioners, mixed animal practitioners, and veterinary students. A companion website offers videos that focus on the clinical examination of the horse and select diagnostic blocks and relevant anatomy. Diagnostic and treatment material has been revised from the previous edition to include the most up-to-date information.
Readers will find:
- A thorough introduction to the assessment of the lame horse, including history, visual exam, palpation, subjective and objective assessments of lameness, perineural anesthesia, and intrasynovial anesthesia
- An exploration of common conditions of the foot, including the navicular region and soft tissue injuries, coffin joint and distal phalanx conditions, and laminitis
- Discussions of the most common conditions of the forelimb, including the pastern, fetlock, metacarpus/metatarsus, carpus, antebrachium, elbow, and humerus, as well as the shoulder and scapula
- Discussions of common conditions of the hindlimb and axial skeleton
- A review of therapeutic options to treat lameness conditions
- How to manage musculoskeletal emergencies in the horse
Ideal for veterinary students, early career equine practitioners, and mixed animal veterinarians, the Second Edition of Manual of Equine Lameness is an indispensable reference for any veterinarian seeking a concise one-stop reference for equine lameness.
Welcome to the second edition of the Equine Lameness Manual. The second edition is a full color, electronic version that has been updated with new information from the seventh edition of Adams and Stashak’s Lameness in Horses. To further condense the second edition, the anatomy and imaging chapters from the first edition were eliminated and relevant information was included within each of the common lameness conditions. Further reorganization and consolidation of material was performed throughout the second edition focusing on physical examination of the horse, common clinical lameness conditions, and potential therapies. The goal of the second edition is to provide the reader with the nuts and bolts of lameness problems in horses. The information is not specifically referenced to individual references but instead a bibliography is included at the end of each chapter.
Direct Link For Free Membership: –
|Book Name:||Manual of Equine Lameness 2nd Edition|
|File Size:||46.2 MB|
|Download Link:||Click Here|
|Password:||PDFLibrary.Net (if Required)|