Small Animal Toxicology 2nd Edition
by Michael Peterson, Michael Peterson, Patricia Talcott in 2005.
This revised and expanded reference is a valuable aid for the practicing veterinary clinician in diagnosing and
- New two-color design makes the book more esthetically pleasing and allows for quick retrieval of information
- Toxic Plant Information Summary tables make treatments for plant in toxications easy to find
- Toxic Plant Quick Reference Based on Clinical Signs tables are included, to support small-animal veterinarians in cases of potential toxic plant ingestion
- Summary charts at the beginning of each chapter in the Specific Toxicants section contain bulleted lists with clear-cut information on the specific toxicant, the clinical signs, and prognosis
- A comprehensive review of all known potentially toxic substances is provided, from A (acetaminophen) to Z (zinc), including the very latest on grape and raisin toxicity — making this the most up-to-date and thorough text in this field
- 45 different experts contribute to this book, all from the field of veterinary toxicology and medicine
This excellent book addresses several areas that differ from those covered by the usual veterinary toxicology texts, such as for example indoor environmental toxicants, hazardous herbal products, recreational drugs, toxicological disasters or toxicities in pregnant and lactating animals. The new edition also contains an interesting chapter dealing with poisoning in the captive reptile. Finally, this most comprehensive manual features a 72-page index that is intelligently prepared and cross-referenced to provide access to the desired information quickly and directly. Another useful index has been compiled according to the clinical symptoms elicited by toxic substances.
The manual’s fundamental purpose of providing accurate and well documented information on the effects of poisons in small animals makes it an invaluable tool for practitioners, and students purchasing the book will have continuing value in its use as a reference throughout their practice years. If you haven’t seen it, get a copy immediately!
[expand title=” “]
|PDF Size: 22 MB||Book Download Free|