RIGHT TIME FOR DEWORMING AND VACCINATION
- First vaccine should be done at the age of 6 weeks (42 days). Vaccine containing protection against parvo-Virus and Canine distemper.
- But before your first vaccine deworming should be done just one week before vaccination at 5 week (35 days).
- Deworming will provide protection against round worms, hook worms, intestinal worms e.t.c. It will also help in better absorption of vaccine.
- Deworming will repeat after every 3 months.
- Second vaccine will done at 9 week (63 days). It will be the booster for your first vaccine and will provide additional protection against Bordatella (kennel cough).
- 3rd vaccine shot will done at week 12 (84 days). This vaccine will provide immunity against most of the diseases your dog have to face during his life.
- Its complete round of Vaccination and deworming schedule for your dog For 1 year.
After that yearly vaccine will be done just once in a year. And deworming will repeat after every 6 months ( Twice in a year).
Qusestions asked by clients
Questions asked by clients are given below, if you are a newly graduated veterinarian you must know these questions;
1- What is Deworming?
Deworming is the medication of puppy at early age ( 5 weeks) or 35 days to protect puppy from helminths like tapeworm, roundworms and fukes.
2- Is Deworming necessary?
Yes, Deworming is very important for life of dogs, if not dewormed the immune system of animal will not develop, animal will be not productive and its growth will be stunned.
3- When to Deworm?
Dewrming done at the age of 35 days or 5 weeks. Deworming is done twice a year with a gap of 6 months.
4- How much does it cost to deworm a dog?
Deworming cost depend on the weight of animal because dose is decided on the weight of animal. The cost is merely upto 20-100$ depend on the type of medication too.
5- How i know if my dog has worms?
However, when symptoms are present they can include diarrhea, bloody feces, mucous in the feces, variation in appetite, poor hair coat, weight loss and signs of abdominal or rectal discomfort, abdominal enlargement, irritation on skin.
6- What should i have to do if dog has worms?
There are many imported deworming drugs. They include fenbendazole, piperazine, and pyrantel pamoate. Your vet will give your dog one to three doses at first, which will kill the adult worms. These should be used according to Veterinarian advice. Do not use it himself.
7- Do worms kill a dog?